Have you ever bought a pair of shoes, or a smart new outfit, and then stepped out and realised that they just didn’t fit properly? And while you’re wearing them you just can’t ignore how they feel, you know something’s not right and the thought of it just keeps distracting you and playing on your mind?
Well just like that ill fitting suit, or those uncomfortable shoes, success that isn’t authentic doesn’t feel quite right either. And what’s more the consequences can be much longer lasting and far more damaging!
Lack of Authentic success;
- Feels like hard work
- You’re not getting the results you want
- You lack clarity, feel confused or distracted and are not sure what to focus on
- It’s a struggle to stop your mind racing
- You feel stressed or nervous and just can’t slow down
- You’re doing ok but something’s missing
- Your confidence dips and you start questioning or doubting yourself, especially when it seems like everyone else is doing better than you
- People lose trust in you or your business
- It starts to affect your relationships and other areas of your life
You may be able to tolerate this for a while, but just like those shoes at the end of the night, you can find yourself asking ‘what on earth am I doing?’
Benefits of Authentic success;
- It feels completely natural and you’re doing what you love
- You’re in your flow and things happen more easily
- Your mind is clear, you know exactly what you want and what needs to happen
- You remain calm and relaxed, even under pressure
- You have an inner confidence that allows you to handle new challenges and make decisions that fit for you
- You build trust more easily and are trusted by others
- You’re far more compelling and attract potential clients with ease
- You value yourself and charge what you’re worth
- You enjoy more balance and wellbeing in your life
Sadly, many people I meet, and clients I work with, have lost their true sense of self, forgotten what really matters to them and lost confidence in themselves. And this means that they’re either holding back and not getting the results they would like, or are getting results but not being true to who they really are. So what can you do if you recognise any of the symptoms mentioned above? Well, first of all realise that you’re not alone ;-) Secondly, consider the following key steps.
S – Start with yourself
Ensure you have a healthy sense of self. This is essential for developing and maintaining a feeling of confidence, realising your natural gifts and talents and making choices that fit with who YOU are.
P – Prioritise what matters most
Be really clear about what matters most, and what really drives you at a deep level. This allows you to focus more easily, gain greater clarity and enjoy more passion and inspiration in your life.
A – Accept and let go
Release unhelpful habits and conditioning, accept who you are and let go of attachments to things, people and opinions. This is hugely liberating and frees you up to be your natural, authentic self.
And perhaps above all, remember who you really are. You have a unique set of skills, gifts and talents. You bring something unique to the world. And that’s YOU!
“If you try and be like everyone else who will be like you?”